Streaming devices have truly revolutionized our movie-watching experience. They are super popular today, especially because they are handy and affordable at the same time. In fact, Google Chromecast only costs $40 or so! It competitors are not far behind either.
Sadly, no device can escape the wrath of connectivity issues. If you are fed up of dealing with Wi-Fi speed or connectivity problems, you will find solace in an ethernet adapter for Chromecast. These adapters can help you stream anything you want without interruptions.
When you look through the Internet, you will find a truckload of options for adapters. While it’s good to be spoilt for choice, this also causes confusion. Which one should you pick? Are they all the same? Why are they priced differently? Before you get overwhelmed, we urge you to go through our list of the best! This list will ease your frustration because you no longer have to look for answers to the multiple questions buzzing in your head at the moment. Let’s begin!
Ethernet Adapter for Chromecast
1. Cable Matters USB to Ethernet Adapter
Amazon’s Choice and our favorite, the Cable Matters adapter is indeed a great buy. It is affordable too, which means you don’t have to worry about shelling out too much just for an adapter. Here’s a peek into its features for further information:
- You can use it to connect a computer to a network switch, modem, or router.
- It promises up to 100 Mbps speed.
- It does not require any drivers for installation. You can start using it right out of the box.
- You can also use it to transfer data securely.
- It supports the IPv6 and IPv4 protocols.
- It is compatible with Windows, Macintosh, and Linux operating systems. It is not compatible with Android and Windows RT. It does not work with Nintendo Switch either. With the Chromecast, though, it is compatible.
2. UGREEN Ethernet Adapter with USB Power Supply Cable
This ethernet cable seems to have been manufactured for streaming devices only. It is a sleek device that promises a stable network for Chromecast, Fire TV Stick, Google Home, Raspberry Pi, etc. We have listed some of its standout features below:
- It can provide up to 100 Mbps internet speed through the RJ45 port and up to 480 Mpbs through the Micro USB.
- It connects through the Micro USB port.
- You can connect the Chromecast to your TV using the HDMI input. Then, you should plug the micro USB cable to the Chromecast, and the ethernet cable in the RJ45 port. This setup goes into the AC power adapter.
- It is the best alternative for poor connection, congested Wi-Fi, and old router systems.
- You don’t need any drivers to set it up. It is a plug and play ethernet adapter.
- It comes with a 3.3-feet USB power cable.
- Remember, this adapter will not work as an adapter for your computer.
3. Snowpink Ethernet Cable for Chromecast
Here’s another Amazon’s Choice product that you are sure to appreciate! The Snowpink Ethernet Adapter provides a fast, uninterrupted connection at a price that won’t pinch your pockets. Here’s what else you can expect from this product:
- It is compatible with Micro USB, Raspberry Pi Zero, Chromecast, Google Home Mini, etc. It does not work with other devices such as Fire Stick gen 1 and Roku. We advise that you go through the list of compatible devices before making a purchase.
- Weak Wi-Fi signals will be a thing of the past with this excellent cable, which provides up to 480 Mpbs speed through the Micro USB. If you are using RJ45, you will be able to enjoy >100 Mpbs internet speed.
- It is a driver-free device that you can plug and start using instantly.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty and 24/7 customer service.
- The adapter cannot work with computers or tablets.
- The length of its cable is 3 meters.
4. UGREEN Ethernet Adapter for TV with USB Power Supply Cable
Here’s another gem from UGREEN. This one is sleek and has a premium feel to it. It is also sturdy and portable at the same time. What else does it offer? Keep reading to find out:
- It lets you enjoy fast and seamless streaming through your Chromecast. You can also use it for any Micro USB stick, Google Home Mini, and Raspberry Pi Zero.
- You won’t need to worry about Internet interference with this one.
- You don’t need any drivers, tools, or software to use the adapter. It is a plug and play model.
- It comes with a cable that’s 3.3 feet long.
- The USB port is only for power supply while the Micro USB and RJ45 ports allow data transfer at commendable speeds.
- You cannot use it with your computer for charging or any other purposes.
5. Chromecast Ethernet Adapter with 3 USB Hub
Here’s a multi-functional adapter that has a lovely 3 USB hub. You can use it to connect a wide range of devices besides your Chromecast. These include Fire TV Stick, Raspberry Pi Zero, and Google Home Mini. Below are a few reasons why you should buy this adapter:
- The setup is easy. All you have to do is to plug it in and start playing!
- All the 3 USB ports are 2.0 and support a wide range of devices such as a mouse, SSD, USB flash disk, and keyboard. This enables you to carry it anywhere and use it to its complete potential. You won’t need anything else!
- The adapter also comes with a DC power cable.
- You can enjoy internet speed up to 100 Mpbs through the RJ45.
You may have noted by now that each of the ethernet adapters discussed above has a few features that make it stand out. The price varies slightly too. So, your job is to compare and pick based on what you expect from your ethernet cable. If it is only for a Chromecast, you can pick any of the above. If you want it to be versatile, you may need to do a little comparing and shortlisting.
We hope this list helps you make the right choice. All the best!
Leave a Reply