We all have gone through that. Whether it is streaming a live YouTube video, using Chromecast, or watching Twitch. But, on many occasions (I have suffered a lot), you may have to deal with the buffering between the videos, low-quality signals, and missing some important part on a live Video. I can’t tell you how many times I have gone through such things until I upgraded my router. It is the thing which helps to get a faster and reliable speed of the Internet from our ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Getting the best router for streaming in Twitch is not an easy task because there are dozens of products in the market with good ratings. If you are like me dying to get the perfect router for streaming 4K videos and HD games, then you should take a look at the list below. Here, I have filtered the most sought gigabit routers for gaming and streaming needs. Let’s have an eye on them.
Best Router for Twitch Streaming
1. Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Tri-Band Wireless Router
With the stellar wireless performance, eight gigabit LAN ports, and multi-user multi-input multi-output capability, the EA9500 WiFi router is in the first place in my list. It supports seamless roaming to help you extend the network with ease. If you got an extremely fast broadband connection at home and wanted to get the most out of it, then go for this powerful router.
Specs and features of Linksys EA9500 AC5400 WiFi Router for Streaming are:
- It can work with Amazon Alexa. Its dedicated high-speed band will eliminate the buffering and lagging between the games and video playing.
- The tri-band technology will provide a seamless speed of up to 5.3Gbps.
- The included 8-gigabit ports will provide almost ten times faster Ethernet speeds for your gaming consoles, printers, smart TVs, and other devices.
- With the WPA, WPA2 personal, WPA2 enterprise, and WEP encryptions as well as SPI Firewall, it will keep your network safe from the unwanted connections and data theft.
- The fast and reliable WiFi connection from this router will let you enjoy playing online HD games and 4K video streaming on Twitch.
- You can even block the https websites thanks to its Parental Control functionality.
- You will get a 3-year warranty from the company to have a hassle free purchase.
2. ASUS RT-AC88U Dual-Band AC3100 Gigabit WiFi Streaming Router
The ASUS AC3100 will look more like a small gaming computer which is not a coincidence. The company is famous for providing high-quality graphics cards and desktop PCs for gaming. It has a standard gaming laptop or PC color scheme with its read streaks on a silvery charcoal body and sharp yet sleek angles on the surface which gives the reminders of the top-class gaming GPUs and tower cases. But, these are not the only reasons to put it at the second spot in the list, there are many more.
Features and specs of ASUS RT-AC88U AC3100 Wireless Router for Twitch are:
- It has six Gigabit Ethernet ports which will provide a lag-free online 4K gaming and a seamless HD video streaming on your system.
- Due to the 1024-QAM technology, it delivers up to 2100Mbps speed at the 5GHz band which is 80% faster, and 1000Mbps at the 2.4GHz band which is 66% faster than the other standard wireless routers.
- Its 4T4R (4-transmit, 4-receive) antenna design will help you to catch the best signal in the coverage of up to 5000 square feet.
- It has the 1.4GHz powerful dual-core processor with a fast USB data transfer speed of up to 100Mbps and download/upload speed of up to 1.8Gbps.
- One of the most significant advantages of the router is that it will automatically choose the best band for a strong connection.
- Other valuable features of this device are the automatic detection of vulnerability, parental controls, malicious site blocking, AiProtection, and safe & secure online purchase from ASUS.
- Whether you are streaming a live event in 4K UHD or playing a heated competition in online gaming, you will not have to suffer from the lagging and buffering of the screen anymore now.
- The adaptive QoS feature will allow you to prioritize your needs like gaming, media streaming, file transferring, web browsing, and messaging to get full dedicated bandwidth to it.
3. TP-Link Archer C9 AC1900 Smart Wireless Streaming Router
The TP-Link Archer C9 will provide you unlimited streaming on all your devices at home. You can stream live videos and play games without lagging or buffering on your gaming consoles, computers, and MAC systems with its increased throughput of up to 430% faster. It will provide a reliable high-performance to enjoy your online activities without any annoying delays.
Specs and features of TP-Link Archer C9 AC1900 WiFi Router are:
- It comes with four gigabit LAN ports to make a faster-wired connection for your multiple networking and computing systems.
- The dual-core 1GHz processor will easily handle multiple wired and wireless devices.
- The beamforming technology will smartly detect the location of the wireless device to send the strongest signals to that direction.
- Its dual-band WiFi design with three antennas will generate the speed of up to 1900Mbps to enjoy lag-free content on your screen.
- The included USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports will help you to transfer the data at an amazing speed to your printers, laptops, phones, tablets, Alexa enabled units and other devices.
- You can set up and manage your WiFi connection from your Android or iOS mobile with the help of the TP-Link Tether app.
- You will get a 2-year warranty and a 24×7 customer support from the company to have a hassle-free purchase of the product.
4. Netgear WNDR3700 N600 Wireless Gigabit Router
The N600 dual band gigabit router from Netgear will deliver a seamless performance for the wired and wireless devices at your home or office. It is easy to use and provides excellent performance according to your broadband network connection.
Features and specs of Netgear WNDR3700 N600 WiFi Router are:
- This dual-band router provides 300Mbps wireless speed on both the bands.
- It has five Gigabit Ethernet ports including one WAN and four LAN with auto-sensing features.
- You will get a double bandwidth with reduced WiFi interference due to its dual-band technology.
- You can easily monitor, control, and fix your home networks with the help of the NETGEAR Genie App on your device.
- You will also get FREE access to the ReadySHARE software to take an automatic backup of your PC to a USB hard drive.
- The parental control, separate guest network access, VPN support, and WPA/WPA2 encryption will allow you to enjoy the highest level of security on your network.
5. TP-Link AC5400 Wi-Fi MU-MIMO Tri-Band Router for 4K Streaming
The AC5400 wireless router for streaming from TP-Link provides mind-blowing performance with enhanced functionalities. It has easy to use applications for desktops and mobiles and supports Alexa & IFTTT.
Specs and Features of TP-Link AC5400 WiFi Router for Gaming and Streaming are:
- Its 4-stream and NitroQAM technology generate the WiFi speeds of 2167Mbps on 5GHz band and 1000Mbps on 2.4GHz bands.
- It has powerful parental controls, security, and anti-virus programs which will protect all the connected devices in your network.
- The MU-MIMO technology on the 1.4GHz dual-core processors and three co-processors with multi-user support generate interruption-free high-speed connections.
- Using the OpenVPN client, you can set your VPN service to browse the web and sites without paying to the subscription plans.
- It has one USB 3.0 port, one USB 2.0 port, four gigabit Ethernet ports, and eight external antennas.
- You will get a 2-year warranty from the company and unlimited technical support on all weekdays.
6. D-Link DIR-882-US EXO AC2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router
Excellent features, top technology, multi-connectivity options, and affordable price; all are the reasons to put the D-Link DIR-882-US in this list of the best routers for streaming. It provides solid WiFi coverage and amazingly fasts Internet speed at your home or office without interruptions.
Features and specs of D-Link DIR-882-US AC2600 Wireless Router are:
- This AC2600 router will provide wireless speeds of 1733Mbps at 5GHz and 800Mbps at 2.4GHz bands.
- It has 4×4 data streams and four antennas which will let you enjoy 4K gaming and HD video streaming without lagging or buffering.
- The advances smart beam technology will help you to track your connected devices to the router and provide high speed for a seamless wireless experience.
- The dual-core processor will help you to boost the multitasking power of computing and to improve the throughput speeds.
- It comes with one gigabit WAN and four gigabit LAN Ethernet ports.
- There are four styles available of this router to help you choose the right option according to your requirements.
7. NETGEAR XR700 Nighthawk Pro Gaming WiFi Router
When it comes to play high-quality online games or to stream live 4K videos, the system is as responsive as your Internet connection. The XR700 Nighthawk from NETGEAR is a massive tri-band router which comes with powerful and competitive features at an affordable price which earned it a spot here.
Specs and Features of NETGEAR XR700 Nighthawk Router for Streaming are:
- It has six Gigabit Ethernet ports which will provide lag-free connectivity to capture the lowest ping and maximize performance.
- This AD7200 Quad-Stream tri-band router will deliver cutting-edge wireless performance with the speed of up to 7.2Gbps.
- The Geo-filtering feature will help to identify the nearest server for a dominant performance in HD 4K video streaming and game playing.
- You can get a secure VPN server for an extra layer of security while surfing or gaming on your network.
- It comes with one 10G Gigabit SFP+ port and seven Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- It is recommended as the best router for PUBG, CS: GO, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, Fortnite, etc. high-end games as it can optimize the lowest ping.
Choosing the best router for your system is an essential part, especially if you want to stream HD videos and 4K gaming. The quality of the router makes a significant impact on your multitasking and other system performances. The specially designed routers for Twitch streaming are expanding the market with their dynamic features. With there are so many options, it becomes confusing to choose the right choice for the money. That’s why I created this list to help people like me for picking up the most suitable streaming router for their needs.
How to Choose Router?
There are many factors that you should consider before buying a router. To make it easy for you I am going to mention all the factors in the list down below:
- The first significant factor that one should consider before buying a router is to know the Internet Top Speed, the details of which can be understood by your Internet service provider. The internet speed is generally measured in megabits per second. Select a router that can operate at your Internet speed.
- Next factor that you should consider is the coverage area that you want under your router. It is essential to know that the walls impede the signals in the wireless router so take it under consideration while buying the router. A single router can be purchased for small houses or apartments. You need to buy two routers if the space covered is more or there are large houses.
- Another critical factor to take into consideration is the number of devices that you will be connecting to the router. Select the router with standard bandwidth if the number of devices that are too connected is not more and select the router with more bandwidth if there are more devices such as TV, computer, Laptop and mobiles phones to be connected.
- Make sure that you have a modem that is compatible with the router. If you already have the modem check for the routers that work great with it or else buy both modem and router after knowing the internet speed.
- The last but not least make a budget so that you can narrow down your options, and also you don’t end up spending more than required.
Also, read and research about the routers well before selecting the one you want to buy. Read reviews and blogs on it to know which router will be the best suited as per your requirements.
Let the world know which router will you choose for streaming on Twitch. You can share your inputs in the comment section below.
Thanks for joining.